Thursday, July 3, 2008

What I'm Reading Now


I usually read more than one book at a time. I know, I know... how do I keep the plots seperate, don't I get the characters confused, etc. I've heard it all before. I really don't know why I do it. I think it might have to do with the fact that I need a break from a book but not from reading so turn to something else then go back to the original. Anywho, besides the Secrets novel by Jude Deveraux, I started the final book in a series by James Patterson. I must have a thing for books in a series! The Final Warning is supposed to be a conclusion to a somewhat sci-fi story involving a girl named Maximum Ride. She is no ordinary girl (would you be with a name like that?!) because she has the ability to fly. She and 5 other kids like her were raised as an experiment in a horrible place they call the "School." Now her life is in danger as the scientists try to eliminate the "flock." This one is about half the length of the first 3. I'm curious if the story will tie up loose ends or leave me hanging (again!). The short chapters and cliff hanger endings make this series a must read if you like young adult literature.

No comments: