Friday, July 11, 2008

Hidden Treasure

While the kiddos were gone, I had the chance to visit a used bookstore that I have wanted to see for ages. I think it's called Cash for Books and , if you live in the area, it's on 2nd street in Edmond. They have over 40,000 used books and half the store has books for $1. Heaven! When I walked in, the helpful owner told me that in the $1 section you get more free books the more you buy. If you buy 5 books, you get 6; if you buy 10 books, you get 15, etc. I looked for 2 hours and barely made a dent but I did come home with some great choices. I found a vintage book by Margaret Wise Brown that was printed in 1939. I also picked up more paperbacks to add to my growing stack of "must-reads." All in all, it is now my favorite used book store. For any teachers out there: On Saturdays from 10-12, you can get 10 free books by showing some kind of school ID. I may have to hit that really soon!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I've wanted to go there for ages, too! I'm glad to know it was worth the trip. Sounds like a place I need to go.