Sunday, August 17, 2008

Students: It's Back to School Time!

If you are visiting for the first time, I welcome you! I finally added my Top 10 list on the right side of the blog. This is a changing list that I update once a year after I have had a summer of reading great young adult literature. I'll be blogging about each one of the Top 10 over the next few weeks so stay tuned. I have another HUGE list of books that used to be on my Top 10 or just missed the cut but are still fantastic reading. That list will be available soon.

Anyone read a good book lately? Leave a comment and tell me the title and author. I'm always looking for new books!

3 comments:

Claire said...

I like the top 10 list-I haven't even heard of most of those books!

Grace & I are reading a good book right now. We're about 2/3 through, so I'm not sure how it ends. Its called 'Lumber Camp Library' by Natlie Kinsey Warnock. Its probably to low for your students-I'd say its about a 4th to 5th grade reading level. Its a good story, and she is really enjoying it.

Unknown said...

Madi and I read a book called 'Peter and the Starcatchers' by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. It's the 'before' story of Peter Pan. We really enjoyed it. We're reading it again for Nathan and Jilly.

Unknown said...

I just finished "Peter and the Shadowthieves", the sequel to "Peter and the Starcatchers". I liked it just as much as the first one. These books have swashbuckling pirates, pitiful orphans, a touch of the magical/sci-fi in a more mature way than the original story of Peter Pan. - Mindy H.