Saturday, August 2, 2008

Off The Bookshelf


I picked up this book at a library discard table and it has become one of Lillian's favorites.

Some of my other posts have centered around books appropriate for girls only. This one might just fascinate boys more than girls. Check out these lines from the book:

"If one million kids climbed onto one another's shoulders, they would be taller than the tallest buildings, higher than the highest mountains, and farthur up than airplanes can fly. If you wanted to count from one to one million, it would take you about 23 days."

The book continues with billion and then trillion. At the end, the author gives a detailed description of how he came up with the measurements and numbers. I thought that part was fascinating!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I commented on here yesterday and its not here now. I'm guessing I messed up those letters you have to type in before the comment is published. Anyway, I'm glad you're back here-I've missed reading about what you're reading.

This book sounds fun. My girls would probably like it since they seem to enjoy numbers a lot. I may need to check it out.